When you write code for Misty, you can quickly build skills that make use of the unique characteristics of an autonomous, roaming robot with personality.
What’s a skill? A skill is code you write to make Misty do something. When you write a skill, you:
- Take some of Misty’s sensory data (vision, audio, touch, distance, etc.).
- Process that data using Misty’s API or send it off to a cloud service.
- Have Misty do something in response:
- drive to check out a sound
- express amusement
- take a video
- or anything you like
There are two basic types of skill architecture:
- REST API & WebSocket Architecture. Your code runs on an external device (say, in desktop browser or on a Raspberry Pi) and not onboard the robot.